Tuesday 10 March 2015

Coming over my fear and deciding to #StartANewLife

It's a basic human nature that we're all afraid of something or the other, each one of us has felt as to how "fear" has stopped us several times in life from being able to #StartANewLife.

I've had one such fear in myself which became a great obstacle in my life and didn't allow me to live this life the way I wanted to i.e. the fear of driving. For someone like me, who has to often travel 100-200 KM for office work purposes, taking a bus or metro isn't always the most speedy or the safest of the options but just till 8 years back, I had this fear in me that didn't allow me to drive, I was too afraid to learn driving.

It wasn't until my boss told me one day "imagine yourself 20 years from now, when you'll start looking back at your working days and start thinking - should I have learned driving, would that have perhaps made my life a little more different! Was driving a passion or a desire of mine that I could fulfill but didn't take the necessary steps to fulfill!" and at that time it hit me - it's time to #StartANewLife. Enough of being afraid, it's time to choose the path of courage, one that leads to the success of a goal that I had in life i.e. to learn to drive.

Initially, the idea to #StartANewLife sounded easier than done, I was having great troubles in learning how to drive. Sometimes I'd forgot to press accelerator and my legs would go instead on pushing the breaks and sometimes; I'd forget to change the gears - the start to a new life, wasn't the most ideal one but things change "if you're willing to change".

It was my nephew who grew in front of my eyes who taught me how to drive and made me learn all the easy ways to remembering, for instance "ABC" i.e. accelerator, break and clutch.

The point of the above story is to highlight as to how certain choices in life help us to shape the way we live life and inspite us to #StartANewLife. It's about coming out from the old to the new and finding a new perception towards living life, not just the way it should be lived but the way YOU want to live it, by seizing the moment and standing upon your true potentials.

In the above story, I had the choice of either living my life without seizing the moment and learning how to drive or seeking the advice of my boss and overcoming my fear and willing to #StartANewLife, a  life where I learned how to overcome a great fear and not just that; but also learn how we can change the way we live the life, only if we're ready to "take the necessary steps".

So then, that's my story of when I decided to #StartANewLife.

0 comments:

Post a Comment