Saturday 14 March 2015

Live in the moment : fill each moment with optimism

The joy of fatherhood is such that every moment that you spend with your child is truly bliss and full of energy, memories and moments to cherish for throughout your lifetime.

I got to experience the joy of fatherhood after the birth of my son, the feeling of becoming a father was overjoying, I couldn't believe that life had taken this amazing new turn and I couldn't have been happier. I wanted to follow the examples of my father and become a similar role model to my son.

After becoming a father, I felt a great deal of responsibility on my shoulders, I had to be the perfect example of my son, I had to provide him with all the necessary luxuries of life, proper education, a roof over his head and a future strong enough to sustain in this world, both in terms of financially and knowledgeably.

I remember that when my son hit the age of 5, he got fascinated with the game of cricket. Understandably, my whole family is that of cricket lovers and he saw everyone around him following every match of cricket and he naturally got interested in the game. On the weekends, he would request me to play a cricket match with me and I'd be very happy to. Just like every father, I saw a great talent in my kid i.e. of a good cricket, at the age of 5, he had immense potential and was absolutely marvelous to watch. Each weekend that I spent with him was filled with great memories and gave me optimism that with my son, each moment spent is worth cherishing.

I also realized that as the father, it's my duty to ensure that I never pressurize him to do something that he doesn't want to. In this case, if he wants to play cricket - he should but I must not force him to train in the sport, as he may not necessarily like it. But I did come into terms with the fact that regardless of whichever field my son chose in future, he'll truly be successful and will always follow the path of ethics and principles and never compromise upon it to achieve success, that's the values I instilled in him and that's what optimism is; having hopes for the future.

It was through my son that I too got the optimism of living the life the way it's meant to be. I saw my 5 year old kid seizing the moment and playing the game of cricket with full concentration or when at home; he'll be drawing, his full concentration would be on the out-sketches and to ensure that the colour doesn't cross the outer-lines of the portrait. It helped me realize that how importance it is to focus in the moment and not think too much ahead into the future; concentrate on what's in front of you and that filled me with optimism to seize the day and make the most of it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment