Thursday 5 March 2015

Optimism : even the most difficult challenge, becomes easy

I've always been someone whose been optimistic towards life but there are moments where your spirits take a toll because of the hardships of life, I felt one such moment when I was going through a tough phase in my job and my son was about to be born.

The pressure of growing up a kid, dedicating a good portion of time and office-  juggling between the two and of course; providing the family with a lifestyle that they relish is the dream of every bread-earner and they were my priorities too.

I remember talking to my parents about this and asking them whether it's going to be a very big challenge and they just used to smile at me and say "it's gonna be fine". My dad told me that every father goes through these concerns but you just have to be optimistic because the new born baby guides you to new ladders of happiness and you'll realize it yourself, that the young toddler will bring about a smile on your face, even when you come home from the office after having the most tiresome of the days.

At that time it all sounded confusing but it wasn't till my son was born that I actually felt all this. In the initial few months of my son's birth, I remember that everyday before I took off for the office, I'd go to my room and watch him sleep very closely, sometimes my son would open his eyes and look at me "that sure was the best feeling in the world".

At office whenever I felt that a challenge was thrown at me or just that the working was becoming very tiresome and difficult, I'd think of my son and for some reason; I'd always feel so optimistic about myself, as if I could cross any obstacle that came in my way.

I remember one day, when my son was 1 and a half years old. I came back from the office, having worked for 14 hours. I was very tired and just felt like sleeping. I was naturally so tired that I couldn't even bear to talk to someone but as I rang the bell at home and my son came at the door on his small toy scooter and shouted "papa papa", I just couldn't help but smile and laugh which filled me with tremendous amount of energy and it was at this moment that I had the realization that it's my son that's going to fill me with optimism and hope for the future whenever I feel down, it'll be my son who I can talk to as a friend - which we are, as now he's 17 and today, it's indeed my son that fills my life with optimism and backs me to overcome any and every challenge.

I'm definite that every parent can connect with this blog post because we've all experienced this. If optimism is about a belief of setting out to achieve even the most impossible task; then we've all had our children inspiring us to set about trying to accomplish that task, which in the way; fill our life with great hopes for the future. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment