Tuesday 13 January 2015

Quikr - enriching our lives with the easiness of buying/selling


In 1995, I was newly married and I got a job in Bangalore. My wife and I shifted to the city of Bangalore which was still very much developing and at that time, wasn’t referred to as the “IT Capital” of India. The city was still very much though admired for it’s life style, it’s people and it’s food.
A new place and a new married life meant that a whole new start to life was shaping up. My wife and I had many dreams and we had many aspirations. Shifting to our new house, we bought everything from furniture to accessories to decorate our new house and all this seemed amazing at first but later we realized how much space we had occupied in the house and how it would have been a better option had we kept some space free in the house.

For the next many years, in fact till an year back some of the stuff we bought in 1995 was still with us and was still occupying a great deal of space in the house, along with which there was stuff of course that we had bought in the last 20 years – some of which we used and some, not so much.

One day my wife and I were watching tv and the quikr ad came on.  My wife looked at me and pointed towards the array of stuff we had lying around the house which we didn’t even use any more.
She said “what if we had to relocate to Bangalore just how we had to 20 years ago”? Would you want to shift to the place where we started our life with the very stuff that we bought there 20 years ago and don’t even use any more!

I knew that she had a point and realized the fact that it’s better to free up some space. If we did had to relocate to Bangalore, I couldn’t see us living in a house with so much of “extra” stuff which wasn’t coming in our use but I realized that quikr could connect me with people who will in fact find our stuff useful to use.

I posted the ad of the products that we no longer required and got array of responses to our ads. We set prices as per the quality of the product and we were amazed to see the quick responses from the people. Both I and my wife were extremely pleased that we were getting rid of the stuff that we longer required and were selling them at reasonable prices.
What next, you ask! Well, after selling the additional stuff lying around our house, my wife turned to me and said “right, it’s time for shopping with the money that we’ve earned”.
Well, that’s my story.

At least, if I do relocate to Bangalore – the very city where I started my married life, I won’t need to carry on the extra stuff with me and can live in a much more spacious apartment – just like how we’re living in Delhi.

The story of quikr is this – it helps you sell/ buy stuff and helps you connect with just the right people willing to buy/sell.


Quikr truly enriches our life and makes us free of any “fikar” and helps us Bech Quikr. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment